Re: [ihc] Holley projection help

On Oct 27, 2004, at 9:56 AM, Steven Stegmann wrote:

Matt,

Good work on the grounds.  90% of the problems
according to Holley.

Hmmmmmm  most of these injection systems are actually
too large for the 345.  You may have several things
slightly out of adjustment.  If unhooking the O2
sensor causes flooding enough to kill it, then your
fuel pressure is probably too high.  Seems to me the
O2 sensor can command a 30% change in fuel flow,
enough to mess up the engine if it's the wrong way.

Note what pressure you have now and then I'd get the
fuel pressure down to say 11-12 psi and disconnect the
O2 sensor, not sure if there's a jumper to replace if
the O2 is out of the circut or not.

Grounding the white wire from the O2 control box takes the unit out of the system.

 I belive you can
set this with the pump running but the engine off.
You have to work quickly, the pump will run for a few
seconds when you turn the key on.
In my opinion, Matt should install the gauge into the fuel line. Then he can set the pressure with the engine running.

Once the fuel pressure is right, I'd start *without*
the O2 sensor and set it back to whatever Holley says
to get it sort of running out of the box.  I'm sure
they have some settings to get it running as a
starting point.

Do they give you any guidance on cold enrichment,
maybe a "choke" setting of some sort.  Once the
baseline setup is working, that would be how I would
compensate for the O2 sensor on a cold engine.

Once you get a baseline setup that runs, when you hook
in the O2 sensor, you'll probably have to richen up on
all the controls.

My Projection is a 4Di and I do all this with a
computer.  So the manner of setup is going to be
different.

John Hoffstetter has had a 2di for years with good
results, I'm sure he can offer some advice.

Steve