RE: [ihc] My good fortune and new project

Ken:

We'll plan on seeing you Saturday.  It's a long drive, so take it easy.

Use I5 and we can meet in Lodi for dinner with the Hofstetters.  You can
swing over here first and we can head back out to Lodi for dinner later but
I'm thinking if we meet you there (there is a big truck stop right off I5 in
Lodi) it avoids back tracking for you and you don't have to leave so darn
early in the first place.  And, you'll have a time cushion if you need to
stop along the way or anything like that.  If you get there before dinner
time, we will too.  You won't have to worry about making great time.  You
can check with us on the cell phone as you get closer, and we'll be sure to
meet you at that truck stop in Lodi when you arrive.  This avoids you having
to figure out directions to dinner or to our house.

Our house is about an hour from Lodi, where we will meet the Hofstetters.
They've got to drive and hour or so themselves, from the other direction to
meet us as well.  You should plan on staying with us for the night, since we
need to get your truck down here anyway to load the motor.  We can load the
motor at virtually any time of day or night.  I've tried various
permutations of getting the motor to you, but I think having you come here
is the only realistic way.  Otherwise, how would we transfer a 1,000 lb
motor from my vehicle or a trailer that I might borrow to yours?

If the Hofstetters want to spend some time, we can hit Lodi early and go to
Mickey's Grove (a large, local park) or just the bar at the Cactus
restaurant and spend time until we have dinner.  You and John can work out
the Garrand project.  We'd have to find an appropriate place which probably
isn't too hard to do in the Lodi area.

You can leave anytime Sunday that you want.

If other digesters (Jerry, do you read the digest any more?)are interested
in this informal get together, let me know off-line.

Tom H., '76 Traveler