[ihc] Pro-jection

I hate it when you guys talk about Holley Projection.  It makes me jealous
that you can install this and get away with it.  I think about the lost
opportunity for myself and all residents of California.

It would be an "illegal" modification in CA on a pollution controlled
vehicle.  And since everything post 1974 is subject to a biennial SMOG check
in all but a few counties, you won't be able to pass the visual check and
subsequently register your vehicle.

I had hopes of considering it in the future, when the 30 year "roll forward"
exemption applied to my 1976 Scout in 2006.  That meant only one more SMOG
check in 2005 and I had figured out how to get around that and re-register
the Scout as operational in 2006.  But no, the Air Resources Board got
legislation passed this year to non institute the 30 year "roll forward"
exemption so now anything post 1974 MY is subject to the biennial SMOG check
program for life.  Hence, there is no fuel injection on my Scout in the
future. :-(

Tom H., '76 Traveler