RE: Reply: [ihc] My good fortune and new project

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, John M. Adams wrote:

-----Original Message-----
<snip>
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 2:31 PM
To: Ken Dude
Cc: ihc-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Reply: [ihc] My good fortune and new project

<snip>

How much will the 7.3, trans & transfer package weigh?

Since there is no rear distrib (like in a Rat motor installation), are you going to shift the engine rearward (leaving working room at the rear)?
Hey, what does "Rat" mean? I've heard it used, Rat Motor... Rat Rod... but never heard it explained.

Thanks, John A.

A Rat motor is a big block chevy - typically 396, 427 or 454, with the 454 being the most popular.

A Mouse motor is a small block chevy.

IIRC, John Comer's Scout racer with a Rat motor w/aluminum heads, saves approx 400 lbs vs a 392.

--
Ted Borck tborck@domain.elided