RE: [ihc] Dans t-all

## >> They are the two piece, slotted, chrome wheel covers where an
## >> inside piece
## >> "spins" around freely on the wheel to make what's best described as a
## >> "circus" or "las vegas" effect.  Along with 22" wheels, they
## >> are the new
## >> rage in low income neighborhoods out here on the left coast.
## >> You see them
## >> frequently on Cadillac Escalades and other so called luxury SUVs being
## >> driven by some high school student.  They are expensive and
## >> completely show.
## >> They have no beneficial function. Frequently, you'll see
## >> $1,000 worth of
## >> "spinner" hub caps put on some rusty hulk of a vehicle.
## >> Worse, in their
## >> oversized incarnations, they decrease any off-road or
## >> performance parameters
## >> of a vehicle.

the low-income civilian demographic hasn't captured the market on this
particular phenomenon.  these wheel spinner things are quite the rage
amongst military personnel here.  from your basic PV-nothing (E1) all the
way up through the officer corps, you see them on all sorts of vehicles and
in all sorts of ranks.  haven't seen any yet on a General's or Command
Sergeant Major's vehicles...  but i think it's only a matter of time.  those
guys have teenaged kids, so you can bet they'll probably mount up some
spinners eventually.  ugly as sin, but we all know there is no understanding
why people do these silly things to their cars.

i don't know what the excuse is for the low-income people.  soldiers, for
the most part, haven't got anything else to spend their money on except
their cars.  this is part of the reason why a very large percentage of even
the lowest-ranking soldiers have brand new fairly high-profile cars, often
Ford F150 trucks or various SUVs (including a couple Hummer2s).  every time
something new and expensive and shiny hits the market, the soldiers snap it
up like it's candy.  ever seen the movie "fast and the furious"?  that movie
inspired a small number of the cars on the post here.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However; Don't take *my* word for it,
check it yourself.
"I'd rather have a German Division in front of me than a French one
behind." - General George S. Patton