Re: [ihc] Headers on 75 Travelall

Hello Dan,

I'm the guy who made the copper gaskets for the Stans headers in my 345
Scout. I've had mine about 6 years now and gone through about 3 sets of
gaskets. If you don't work it to hard the Stans gaskets will work ok. I tow
RV trailers and the mountains and work it HARD. I've also used just the
stock gaskets and they do work, but they do leak a little (at least they did
on mine). I've always had a rumble/backfire on deceleration until I made the
copper gaskets. I just used a piece of 3/4" soft copper tube from the
hardware store, split it down the side and flattened it out. While you've
still got a good set of header gaskets they make a good template.

I've also been running the copper collector gaskets with great results too.
In fact that is where I got the idea.

Tom Reed