Re: [ihc] Headers on 75 Travelall

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:12:11 -0700 (PDT), Steven Stegmann wrote
> Stans has good thick flanges so I don't think gaskets
> will be a problem.  I've had good luck with the ones
> that came with them.
>
> They dont' fit normal exhaust pipes, that's one of the
> benefits.  They will send an end to be welded onto the
> exhaust pipe.  You will wind up with a simple bolted
> flange joint.  Much better than the donuts.
>
> Steve

I think that the gaskets for Stan's headers do tend to fail after substantial hours of hard use. My next gaskets will be made
from copper as Tom Reed describes making them.

He made his gaskets from copper tubing, I will probably use sheeting.

John