[ihc] Ford (IH) 7.3 Diesel Available

Digesters:

Our agency is auctioning off a bunch of excess items next week.  The auction
is by submitted, written bid.  Tuesday October 19th is viewing from 11:00 to
18:00.  Bids must be submitted by Wednesday October 20th @ 11:00 AM.  Items
must be removed from the yard by Friday, October 15th @ 18:00.  It's cash
only.

Here is the kicker:  There is a brand new, never used Ford 7.3 diesel
amongst the items.  It's palletized and wrapped in plastic.  We bought it
directly from Ford as a replacement engine for many thousands of dollars
years ago, but never used it because all of our fleet of 20 Ford E350 vans
have the later, 7.3 Powerstroke.  This earlier one doesn't even have a
turbo.  I believe it was the non-turbo motor.

The reason I tell you all of this frankly is a selfish one.  I believe this
thing will get little action, as it's received no action in prior auctions
we've had, when a $5,000 reserve was set.  This time, there is no reserve.
So, someone could pick up a hell of a deal on it.  I know that we once sold
a good block for $100.  One of our employees picked it up, stored it in his
garage and then resold it for three or four times that amount.

So, if anyone is interested, let me know.  I can submit a bid on your
behalf.  But, it will be your responsibility to pick the thing up.  We have
a forklift here and the engine is palletized on a stand.  But, I've got
nowhere to keep it or I'd be bidding myself with an eye towards an eventual
IH application.