From: owner-ihc@domain.elided [mailto:owner-ihc@domain.elided] On Behalf Of David
Raistrick
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 11:27 AM
To: BCKTHD@domain.elided
Cc: ihc@domain.elided
Subject: Re: [ihc] Master Cylinder R/R

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 BCKTHD@domain.elided wrote:

> Been a while since I've done this and was wanting a quick refresher.
> How can I tell if brake fluid entering the power booster has rendered it
> useless?

If it's useless, when you press the brake pedal with the truck running you
won't have any assistance....it will be all manual.

I'm not sure how these are oriented, but it would be a good idea to remove
the booster from the truck and let it drain completely if brake fluid has
indeed leaked into it (which if the seal at that end of the MC is leaking
is pretty likely)

If it still provides boost, use it and don't worry about it.

..david

--
        David Raistrick    http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
keen@domain.elided	   http://www.expita.com/nomime.html