[ihc] The Travelall (could) is Alive with the Sound of Music

>From: Dan Nees
>To: ihc digest
>Cc: Offtopic list
>Subject: [ihc] The Travelall (could) is Alive with the Sound of Music

>Travelall-ians,
>Where do you guys mount your speakers for your radio?

Dan,
I have 2 MTX Thunder 10 inch subs mounted in separate MTX ported boxes that
reside behind the rear seat in my D series T/A. They just sit on the cargo
floor. I DO need to secure them somehow.
The JVC Audio amp is mounted to the floor under the rear seat, and it only
powers the subs.
I got two 6x9 speaker boxes from Wally World, and put Jensen 6x9 Triaxial
speakers in em.
The boxes fit/wedge perfectly under the rear seat of the T/A facing forward.
Subs on the rear channels, 6x9s on the front.
Its plenty loud (and I do mean LOUD!) with my 50 W per ch Kenwood CD head
unit that I mounted UNDER the dash with a custom bracket because I cant bring
myself to cut the original unmolested dash. :~D

Mike Toney
Mobile, AL.
Southern International Harvester Owners [S.I.H.O.]
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/southernihowners
72 Scout II, 4x4, 304, T18, 3:31
73 1010 Travelall, 2wd, 345, 727, 3:54
Scout 800, 4x4, 152, 3 speed, D20, D44s, 32s, (under construction)
Scout 80, 2x4, 196, 727, SII D44 rear, SII disc front, (under construction)
Scout 800, 4x4, 3 speed, D18, (parts truck)
http://www.myinternationaltrucks.iwarp.com/