From: owner-ihc@domain.elided [mailto:owner-ihc@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Mac McMuffin
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 9:28 AM
To: Ed Sohm; ihc@domain.elided
Subject: RE: [ihc] Pri-G: the debate begins

## >> Why not just hook up an electric fuel pump at the outlet of
## >> the tank and
## >> circulate that way, dumping right back in the fill hole?  Have a
## >> diffuser of some sort on the end of the discharge hose or just
keep it
## >> above the level of the fuel in the tank so it splashes in.
Imagine
## >> ending up on next years Darwin awards because you threw a 110
powered
## >> fishtank pump into a tank of gasoline.  It just seems wrong
## >> enough to me
## >> that I wouldn't do it.  I don't care what Pri-G's instructions
say.
## >>
## >> My 2 cents.
## >>
## >> Ed

no no, that's not how fishtank aerators work.  at least not the kind
i've
seen.  the electric part is in a little box that you plug in, right
enough.
but it doesn't go *in* the tank.  we're not talking about tank
curculator
pumps here, but aerators.  i've never seen any other kind of aerator
than
the kind i already have one of for our fishtank...  the little box goes
outside the tank, and an air hose runs from there to the tank, down
inside
and into the aerator block.  at no point does the pump drive itself ever
come in contact with water.

for the B182, what i figured we could do is plug the aerator into the
wall
socket, set it on the top of the tank or frame or something, and run the
hose from that down into the tank.  i don't think the aerator pump will
even
work if it were submerged, even if it was waterproofed and *could* run
underwater without shorting out and frying.  no, that doesn't sound safe
me either, trying to do it that way.  if i *had* a submersible fishtank
circulator pump (i think that's what you're thinking of), i sure
wouldn't
put it in gasoline.  that seems just as wrong to me as it does to you.

running a normal automotive electric fuel pump from the output back into
the
fill hole of the tank might work, though.  i'll see if that's workable.
hadn't thought of that, and it might work better than trying to use an
air
hose.  something more to think about.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.