RE: [ihc] Pete's Choking!

Several good threads on 2210 and the rebuild kits:

http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums/showthread.php?p=119156&highlight=stand
ard+hygrade

http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums/showthread.php?p=76249&highlight=standa
rd+hygrade

http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums/showthread.php?p=43779&highlight=standa
rd+hygrade

Upshot is you'd expect the Standard 929A kit to have the correct gasket in
it by now.

Any kit other than the Standard or Holley is automatically suspect.

>Tell me: Will the Motorcraft 2200 fit directly on? Exact form/fit/function
>as the Holley?  Or are there half a dozen inlets/outlets that are
different,
>need to be plugged "if", etc.?  Same base gasket, spacer, etc.?

Any MC 2100 will bolt up. The early ones lack some features I like, like the
vac choke pulloff, adjustable throttle return tension and electric choke.
The later ones have some stuff that's just dross IMO. Early '70's models
seem to have the stuff I want, but aren't particularly desirable to the
'matching numbers' Mustang crowd. Throttle cable hooks right up. The stock
choke stove housing on the intake manifold needs removed to clear the choke
fast idle linkage, start soaking the flathead Allens last week. The air horn
is 4bbl diameter, so on a non-body lifted SII you likely need a '79-'80
T-quad issue drop base air filter housing or an aftermarket unit. The choke
housing has a connection for a heated air tube, dunno what the Ford setup
looks like. For some reason the one on my topless SII leaks vac there, I
just capped it. Next one I rebuild I'll figger out why there's vac ported to
it. You want the accelerator pump set for max stroke. Speaking of the acc.
pump, you need to steer clear of the tall 'tower' style acc. pump pivot as
it won't clear the thermo housing. The 'short' acc. pump arm almost hits the
thermo housing as it is.

Jim