Re: [ihc] Sealing a leaky windshield question

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Tom Reed wrote:

> about 125.00 or just remove the v strip and "caulk" around edge of the old
> gasket and glass to seal it for around 40.00.
>
> Anyone have any good or bad experiences with the "caulk" method to report.

I've done it numerous times on old VW's (where the seal leaked /after/
repairing the rot below it..;).  It can be effective and nearly invisible
if done right.  The next guy who tried to remove the windshield and/or do
paintwork in the area will hate you though. :)

--
        David Raistrick    http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
keen@domain.elided	   http://www.expita.com/nomime.html