RE: [ihc] Tom H's Explorer Transfercase Problem

John:

Thanks!!!!!!

That site has more info than both the aftermarket manuals I bought for the
Explorer combined.  I'm going to give that a shot and save a few hundred
dollars I hope.

Isn't the internet just great?

Interesting that everyone has come up with a simple and inexpensive fix for
something the dealer will just throw your dollars at.  Since they see this
every other day, you'd expect the dealer to provide a simple and inexpensive
fix and win customer appreciation.  But no, they've got to do it the most
expensive way possible - just replace expensive parts until it works.

Tom H., '76 Traveler