Re[2]: [ihc] D30/27 ends kingpin replacement.

Ed Sohm wrote:
ES> That sounds way too easy.  Why didn't they do that from the factory,
ES> cost?

I do not know.  On the Chrysler 9-5/8 that I mentioned,
the proper torque on the bushing at install causes a drag effect on
the movement of the knuckle.  I don't know if this is due to no
weight on it at this time during assembly or not.  Perhaps after the
weight of the vehicle is on the front end this drag reduces and was
just there as a pre-load.  Again, I don't know.  Perhaps the use of
the bushing was merely a cost consideration.  Maybe the loads the two
points are subjected to are different enough to warrant different
methods of bearing the load.  ...

Ken