[ihc] To be, or not to be...running

   Well, I have the truck all back together. When I first tried to start
it, it caught and coughed and stumbled on the first crank or two, but; I
forgot to hook up the choke, so; it died. After hooking the choke up, I
could not get it to fire again, then the battery got weak. I hooked it
up to my wife's truck and tried to get it to start then, but; couldn't.
The starter and cables got hot, and that caused the starter to turn nice
and slow.
   I've since let it cool down. I haven't tried it as yet, it's only
been 20 minutes.
   The timing is unchanged from before as I did not take the dizzy out.
The carb is getting gas, I can see it shoot out when you open the
throttle. There was obviously spark because it fired at the beginning.
   My theory is, the spark plugs are coated with carbon buildup from the
water and from all the grease and stuff from disassemble/reassemble.
Thus, the resistance is pretty high at the plugs. Combine that with the
low battery and slow spin speed due to the hot starter and the truck
doesn't want to start. Sound good?
   Is there something obvious that I am overlooking? Everything is
hooked up correctly, and I didn't forget anything.
--
Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided