Re: [ihc] D30/27 ends kingpin replacement.

Ed Sohm wrote:

ES> I have a '71 800B that I need to replace a top kingpin/bushing on.  I
ES> seem to remember that there was a way to replace this with a bearing.

I can't help you directly concerning the axle you are referring to but
I can attest to a common replacement of a bronze bushing with a
bearing.  I know Mac has done this on one of his vehicles, I do not
recall which.  Basically there is a bearing on the lower side and a
bronze cone bushing on the upper side.  It is this cone bushing that
is replaced with a bearing.  The bearing to use is identical to the
stock lower one.

I know this is the case on the Chrysler 9-5/8 front-end commonly found
in Dodge M37/M43.

Ken