[ihc] RE: Father/daughter projects

>Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:05:37 -0600
>From: "William Cunningham" <slypigs@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: [ihc] RE: Father/daughter projects

>> Kate(5 Y.O.)got her first experience with a mechanics stethoscope
>> last
>> night...
>>
>> Jim

>I bet that was cute, what was she listening for?

>Yesterday Audie and I towed the 800B home.
>Started cleaning, killing spiders, and making a list of "to do's".

She saw me chasing after my new(and hopefully temporary) lifter tick, and
had to try it. Not wanting her near rotating stuff, we put the probe on the
frame where she could still hear the engine running. Satisfied her
curiousity, then she took the stetho off and said "that hurts my
ears(pressure), probably because I'm small". I assured her that the
earpieces hurt my ears too!

Last night we got on a geometry kick. Point to line all the way up through
nonagon, with parallelograms and rectangles thrown in for good measure. I
explained parallelism to her, and she promptly went and 'taught'
it(correctly)to Mom ;) Sharp as a tack, that kid :)

Building her A-120 T-all is gonna be a hoot...

Jim