[ihc] Get a Charge out of this

Digesters,
  Well, yesterday I was putting my engine back together. I got the
Fel-Pro gasket set and I used Indian Head shellac on the head gaskets,
and intake gaskets. I used The Right Stuff on the valley pan (I would
have used Steve S's home made gasket, but; I didn't know where my
micrometer was located to build it. <grin>) and for the valve covers I
put Ultra Black along the flat wide sections at the bottom of the head
and placed the neoprene gaskets over that and let that setup before I
put the covers on. My logic being that most of the problems with the
gaskets are that they shift upon installation.
   I also swapped my spread bore intake to a square bore intake I
acquired some time ago. Now this was off a 71, I think, and it had the
big christmas tree vacuum manifold on the back of it with FIVE vacuum
ports coming off it, plus there was another 1/4" port tapped into the
casting along side that for the brake booster. What the F are all those
vacuum lines for? I have the same setup on my 71 304 Scout, but; I don't
think I have any more than 2 lines coming off it. Anyway, I need to pick
up some pipe plugs today.
   As I was putting the Alternator back on, I could not get the nut off
the stud to attach the wire to it. I had to cut the old connector off to
take it out, and now; the stud just wanted to turn and I couldn't hold
it with anything. Finally, after playing with it for a while, the whole
stud came out of the back of the Alternator! Now, that can't be normal,
can it? So, by this time it was late, and I was tired, I called it quits
and heading into the house. I'll have to finish today dodging rain
drops.
--
Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided