Re: [ihc] K/KB windshields: a possible replacement

Colin
After looking at the Pictures of the M5 Truck again from your links on your
Save the Truck message, I see that the truck has the cab of the larger K-KB
trucks
The 1's thru 5's K-KB trucks used a different cab from the 6 and larger
series. The M5 has one of these larer series cabs. The main tipoff is the
lower front corner of the cab doors on the smaller trucks is square and on
the larger series trucks it is round. The cabs are almost identicle in size
so it is not very obvius as to the differences. Really no cab parts (the cab
itself) will interchange between the too. The windshields are also taller.
The larger series cabs was the same as the earlier D series where the
smaller series was a new cab when the K was introduces.
And to add confusion the smaller series panels, woodies used the cowls from
the larger series so they share doors and windshilds with the larger series
and not their own series. For example a K-1 pickup door on windshield frame
will not fit a K-1 Panel truck.
But your suggestions will be worth looking  into as they may still fit with
other modifications.
As a side note the best windshild frame I have and it is almost perfect came
from Washington state, it is for the 1-5 series.
David Gregg