RE: [ihc] Hot under the collar.

 The
>guy I used, near me here in Town, said he would do a New 3 core recore,
>remove the side tanks, remove the mount flanges and silver solder the
>flanges back on, then rebuild the rest of the radiator with all now
>solder joints for $250.

Dan why not spend $299 and get a completeley new radiator? I have heard of
guys that get a recore only to have the reused tanks start leaking a year
later, or worse fail. I mean to say that the rad is 30 years old, you
recore and the tanks are still 30 years old. If the rad started failing its
a good chance that the rest of the rad's metal is thin due to corrosion and
could go at any time. Call it cheap insurance but another $49 to have brand
new on something as important as a rad seems prudent, especially after
towing bills come in  :)

BTW you know where to get a new radiator right? I got them for $299 and 3
core high efficiencies for $335

"Overbuilding may be dumb, sometimes; but never as dumb as
underbuilding."
Remember: The bitterness of poor quality remains long after
the sweetness of low price is forgotten!!
          WSU
	GO COUGS            BACK COUNTRY BINDERS
	  WSU      	    3357 Northlake Way NW Unit A
                            Bremerton, WA. 98312
                               John L. Fleck
   R.I.P. "LARP"	        "Fleckster"
                        PHONE#   (360)-377-4979