[ihc] Dana 60 Full Floater Wh Cyl Change

> Michael,
>
> It is easy to get the hub off.
>
> 1) Remove rear wheel
> 2) Remove six bolts that hold the axle to the hub
> 3) Pull the axle out of the hub (You might have to hit it square on the end
> with a hammer to get it to release from the hub
> 4) Bend the tabs back away from the jam nut
> 5) Remove the jam nut (This take a special socket, but I have had luck with
> channel locks or a chisel and hammer - The nut on Mary's K has notches in it
> from the previous owner using a chisel)
> 6) Remove the lock washer
> 7) Remove the bearing nut (Should be loose enough to bock out by hand)
> 8) Remove bearing and hub like you would remove a front hub
>
> I can post photos from Mary's K with the 1-ton floating axle if you want to
> see photos before you start.
>
> When I did our '73 1210 dually with the Dana 60, I was able to get wheel
> cylinders and shoes from NAPA.

Thanks, Carl!  How is Lefty doing?

The pics may be useful, but not vital.  I think I started in on a Dana 70 once, but when I started to remove the axle shaft I did not know fluid was coming out.  I put it back on to better prepare, and before the next project day I had to sell that truck.

So-is that diff fluid coming out the end?  And does it always come out of a full floater?  So do you always have to refill diff fluid when finishing a brake job on a full floater?

Thanks to all for your advice and help!

Michael