Re: [ihc] Braking question

David Bongo wrote:
I need more diagnostic help here, guys.

The rear brakes on the Scout seem to be sticking just a bit when I
release the pedal.  ('74 Scout II with TSM rear discs)  The master
cylinder was swapped out for a Corvette one.  It appears that the
problem lies in the booster having a "slow release."  Any ideas on
this even being possible?  The only other potential culprit (as far as
I can tell) would be the proportioning valve .
BTDT, though mine didn't always fully release. I finally replaced the master twice and didn't *fix* it.. so I swapped out the booster. Seems better now.

Before you go that far, you might check and see if the "stick-out" on the booster is too far.. you might get away with turning the adjuster in a touch, provided you still get enough braking at full whoa.