RE: [ihc] Toasted Scout

Steve, yeah, I was told that mom was driving, and grandma was passenger, and
the Scout stalled at an intersection. Mom was cranking and stopping,
cranking and stopping, and grandma said, somewhat impatiently I guess,
"C'mon! You're not going to burn it up!" Then *poof*... Fortunately, no one
was hurt.

And yes, everything aft of the firewall is also gone, including the gauges.
The front 40/60 seat got slightly charred, but will be serviceable. I've got
all of the blobs out, and all the wiring removed, ashes vacuumed, etc. The
carb is a partial meltdown, but it looks like the air cleaner kept the water
out of the intake. The oil looks, feels, and smells good on the dipstick.
This is going to take me a while, but I think it is worth it. The good news
is that I'm used to parts searching for my '67 T'All. This should be much
easier, in terms of harness, dash components, etc.

John A.