Re: [ihc] RE: T-casing the joint

Jim Grammer wrote:
Brodsky:>>I thought I remember the way to tell a 205 from the others is the
JG> 3-bolt
>>cover on the intermediate shaft between the large round cover and the
JG> output shaft?  So the earlier trucks
>>that had a great big transfercase, are those just as good or what?

JG> In addition to Greg's tips, the shift rods on a 201/202 are vertical.
JG> Physically the same size as the 205. A 'great big' t-case would prolly be a
JG> Timken. Fitment issues aside, I'd consider one an upgrade since they were
JG> used in medium duties.

JG> Jim

The Timken in the B140 is a big one for a pickup.  It's T 152 on the
lineset.  Offset output for both front and rear.  Rear is offset
vertically(it's inline vertically with the input, and horizontally with
the front output).  Centered rear, passenger side front.  It hangs
down quite a bit.  Without mods to the cab it could go no higher.  It
is mounted beneath the bed with plenty of room above it but the
intermediate shaft is as close to the cab as I'd want it.

Rough dimensions:
14.5" high
15.5" wide
7.5" case depth
18" long, input yoke UJ centerline to output yoke UJ centerline.
6" vertical offset, input to rear output
6" vertical offset, input to front output
8.5" horizontal offset, input to front output
Mounts on the top and passenger side, in the B140 it's hard mounted.

Ken