Re: [ihc] RE: Trailering

Jim Grammer wrote:
My 1210 Travelall is *fairly* comfortable with 7k# in tow. That's a 6k#
truck with a 119"WB. My wife's Excursion is *real* comfortable with that
much back. That's a 7k# truck on something like a 137"WB. As TM will tell
you, 'WB is the deal' ;)
:D

My 6,000lbs 1110 Travelall on 119" WB was sometimes tolerable and sometimes downright life threatening with my 6-7k in tow.

My 6,000lbs 200 Travelette on 166" WB tows the 6-7k so well I have to check my mirrors to make sure the Scout is still on the trailer, and that the trailer is still attached.

Aside from the WB, the Travelall's curb weight probably exceeds the 6,000lbs GVWR before I even hook the empty trailer up, while the Travelette's 6k curb weight still leaves another 3,000lbs of payload before hitting the 9,000GVWR.

-Tom