[ihc] Re: ihc-digest V7 #567

> snip
> Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 07:55:32 -0700
> From: "Jim Grammer" <jgrammer@domain.elided>
> Subject: [ihc] RE: M-5 cylinders
>
> >Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 13:16:01 -0700
> >From: Colin MM Rush <salmineo@domain.elided>
> >Subject: [ihc] K/KB wheel cylinder questions
>
> >        Does anyone know the current part number for a new wheel cylinder
> >to fit the K/KB-series trucks from 6 on up?  I am talking about the rear
> >wheel cylinders, which are those wierd Hi-Tork units that are sort of 'L'
> >shaped.
>
> Here's a source for reasonably priced cylinder sleeving a little closer
than
> VT:
>
> http://www.brakecylinder.com/sleeve1.htm
>
> Jim
> snip

I would offer this bit of information.  The M-5's wheel cylinders and
braking components can be overhauled by Brake Systems, Inc.  In Portland,
Oregon.  The Owner of the company is the NW Chapter President of ATHS, and
also the President of the PNW Truck Museum in Brooks, Oregon.  I would
contact him about helping with the M-5's brake woes.  Terry's company has
been instrumental in the restoration of many antique and collector trucks
over the years.

www.brakesystemsinc.com

Binderin',

John