[ihc] flexible fuel line

I remember reading some posts about the how the black rubber fuel
line(or whatever it's composition is) available today simply wasn't
holding up.  I just changed the mechanical fuel pump on my 1983 Dodge
Ram Charger.  This has just under 100,000 miles on it so lots of
things are factory OEM.  Well, the black flexible fuel line between
the hard line and the fuel pump was factory original.  It had those
OEM clamps that are permanent one-time use affairs that I've only
ever seen on factory installed lines from that era.  So 21 years, and
it outlived the fuel pump(was still pumping but was leaking).

So if you are having flexible line that is marked for fuel/emissions
use and it's only lasting a few years, then there is definitely
something amiss.  The aforementioned Dodge line has been exposed to
the "modern" additives for the last ten ears now, so they are not
the culprit.

On the bone head files side, I had just filled the fuel tank when the
pump started leaking while running.  After changing the pump I decided
to look for other OEM flexible line. Found some not OEM but old PO
installed line.  Decided I'd replace while I was at it.  This portion
of line followed the frame rail down between the axles.  It was below
the top of the fuel tank at this point...

Ken.