Re: [ihc] RE: Relaying George's power

John,
	How long have you had a set up like this? Allan has some objections to
this set up and I am wondering if you have had any problems. I don't
understand his objections to it but that is my fault (lack of knowledge)
not his.

George H.
72 Scout II
345 V8

P.S. Sorry if I'm a little behind on my own thread. I can't get to the
computer all that often.

> Absolutely, George. With the MSD you can have a full voltage lead to
>
> near the + terminal of the coil. I have what Mark of Mad calls a
> junction block just before that positive terminal. From that block I
>
> trigger everything that needs to be on when the ignition is on
> including the starting cycle. ALSO, from that same junction block I
> run
> a wire to an EXTERNAL  ballast resistor sitting on top of the coil
> and
> a lead from the other side of the ballast resistor that goes to the
> +
> terminal of the coil. It is the ONLY wire actually attached to the +
>
> terminal.
>
> The MSD is perfectly happy with the voltage coming out of the
> ballast
> resistor and having the ballast resistor already hooked up protects
> the
> points even more than just the MSD, maybe. The whole truth is that
> my
> Unilite distributor and/or a Pertronix if I had one, require a
> ballast
> resistor for long life.
>
> Perfect solution, at least  for me.
>
> John