Re[2]: [ihc] Oh, yeah-another brake question!

John M. Adams wrote:

JMA> Howard, could you clarify that last part for me? "manual brakes on disk
JMA> brake conversions"... Do you mean manual, non-power-assist M/C to actuate
JMA> disc brakes? Thanks, ~John A.

I won't answer for Howard but I will say that I have driven a
manual(non-power assist) disc brake conversion.  This was not on a
Scout but on a military Dodge.  The braking action was firm and fully
adequate to lock up the wheels at slower speeds(10-15 mph).  I do not
know how well it worked slowing the thing down from 50 mph where brake
insufficiencies really start to show up due to fade.  I am acutely
aware of this, having driven many miles in my old non-power drum brake
vehicles.

Ken