[ihc] Melling SII oil pump email

I got this interesting email from Melling yesterday.

Subj:    International Scout
Date:   7/26/2004 2:06:04 PM Central Daylight Time
From:   XXXXXXX@domain.elided
To: deepsouthscoutsxx@domain.elided

To Whom It May Concern:

Hello, I am with Melling Engine Parts. If you are not familiar, Melling
Engine Parts is the number one supplier of oil pumps to the automotive
aftermarket in the United States. It has come to our attention that there
is not currently an oil pump on the market, which properly suits engines for
the International Scout I &II. Melling can be tooled up and have an oil
pump available to you within approximately 90-120 days from inception. I am
researching to determine how interested Scout enthusiasts would be for an
oil pump designed specifically for the International Scout. If you could be
so kind as to please complete the few questions below and forward back to
me, I would greatly appreciate it! If you have any other comments that
would assist Melling Engine Parts in determining a need for a new oil pump
to better serve International Scout enthusiasts, they would be sincerely
welcomed!

The following list is the engine applications we are referring to for a
potential oil pump:
I.H.C. - 4-152, 4-152T, 4-196, V266, V304, V304A, V345, V345A, V392

PLEASE RESPOND TO QUESTIONS BELOW AND FORWARD BACK TO
XXXXXXXX@domain.elided

1.) On average, how many oil pumps does your company purchase or sell
annually specifically for Scouts?

2.) Is your organization affiliated with any national association related to
International Scouts?

3.) What is your price range when purchasing oil pumps or components for
Scouts?

4.) What are Scout enthusiasts currently using or doing to replace oil pumps
in their
Scouts?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!

XXXX XXXXXXX
Marketing
Melling Engine Parts
517-787-XXXX
XXXXXXX@domain.elided

I thought that the SII oil pump was due to be in production this summer.

It looks as if they are still in the market research stage.

Any suggestions as to an appropriate response from the IHC community?

(This message is also posted on the Binder Bulletin)

Mike Toney
Mobile, AL.
Southern International Harvester Owners [S.I.H.O.]
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/southernihowners
72 Scout II, 4x4, 304, T18, 3:31
73 1010 Travelall, 2wd, 345, 727, 3:54
Scout 800, 4x4, 152, 3 speed, D20, D44s, 32s, (under construction)
Scout 80, 2x4, 196, 727, SII D44 rear, SII disc front, (under construction)
Scout 800, 4x4, 3 speed, D18, (parts truck)
http://www.myinternationaltrucks.iwarp.com/