Re: [ihc] Ryan's Nuts

----- Original Message -----
From: "Terry Traver" <traver8@domain.elided>
To: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 23:28
Subject: [ihc] Ryan's Nuts

> Ryan wrote,
>
> ..... Tried all I could and couldn't get the lug nuts loose.  Gave up and
> took it to a shop to have
> the tire taken off and let them look at it.  They tried all *they* could
and
> the impacts couldn't get the lug nuts loose. .....
>
> Ryan - try a truck tire shop, they should have an impact wrench with more
> capacity. This happened to me once long ago on an old Volkswagen I had.
Got
> some tires, needed to change one and couldn't get them off with my x
wrench.
> Took it back to the shop and the "know it all sales guy" said he could get
> them off. They tried everything they had with no luck. I finally ended up
at
> a truck stop where they had a larger impact wrench which loostened them
up.

> Just a thought and worth a try before resorting to the torch...
>
> Terry

It's a thought.... but it's only partly the size of their impact.  The other
half is that their impact, although it grips the lug nuts, is just starting
to take the corners off of them.  So if that one takes them off, it just
seems like a bigger one might just take the corners off faster...  it might
be worth a shot though.

Thanks,
Ryan

---