Re: [ihc] Ryan's studs?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel M Brodsky" <jmbrodsky@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 19:08
Subject: [ihc] Ryan's studs?

> Ryan,
>       Why not just put the heavy impact socket on and a BIG breker bar and
> break the studs and just put new ones in, since you have to pull the shaft
> anyway?  Seems like the best bet and it doesn't hurt the wheels at all.
>
> $0.02  ka-ching?

I figured that the impact wrench would succeed in doing that...  But their
impact wrenches were also having problems grabbing the lug nuts enough to
break them off.   The polycast wheels are thicker than normal ones, so the
non capped lug nuts aren't all that thick past the wheel (the next lug nuts
going on are going to fix that part).

As it is, I was having problems just keeping my 1/2" drive ratchet on there
well enough (it would slip off if I tried to stand on the end... more
problems due to the small amount the lug nuts stick out).

I also don't really have a huge breaker bar on hand either.  One of the
things I neglected to bring with me.   I can keep trying with them these
next few days, but it doesn't really seem like I have a lot of options,
unfortunately    :(     Maybe constant treatment with PB Blaster will
help....

Wish me luck,
Ryan

---