[ihc] Valley Pan Vacuum port Was:Weird engine problem - calling the experts

Ok, sorry for the delay but I've finally gotteen around to making some progress on the Engine problem.

I traded the propane for some starter fluid and was able to find a couple small leaks right away. I fixed those, then I found a big one...

At the back of the valley pan (valve tappet cover) there is a (for lack of the correct term) vacuum port. This thing is sucking wind bad.

Three questions.

1. What is this thing called?

2. Where can I get one?

3. Can I put a new one in without taking the valley pan and intake manifold off?

If my description is not clear, go to www.coolday.com/scout/leak.jpg and see a photo.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Scott