[ihc] Hofs' diodes and double pulleys

I went to the local alternator shop and asked for GM p/n 1852856, small diameter 10SI Alt. Double groove pulley. $5 cash - seemed good to me...
Bob

From: Joel M Brodsky <jmbrodsky@domain.elided>

Incidentally, I had been trying to find a source of the double pulleys with the small diameter often found on the store bought alternators. Typically the IH double pulleys were the large diameter about 5", and the small dia. are about 3 inches. Aside from bending the belt around a smaller corner, it turns the alternator faster. Anyway, I couldn't find them forever so I had been swapping my cores back with single pulleys so I could acquire more doubles. Fleck at RMIHR had three, so I picked those up. I'm in the process of replacing the large pulleys with the 'overdrive' smaller ones.