[ihc] Ignition - timing vs CR vs quench, Taurus fans

Hello Tom,

Sounds like you're having fun w/the new motor! On the cooling issues I have
something interesting to share. I have a friend who set up a 55 chevy wagon
with a 383 stroker motor as a tow vehicle. He had cooling issues too. He
went to a super duty radiator w/no change in temps! He then louvered the
front fenders with little change. He researched the issue in depth with the
end result being that the issue was air flow through the radiator at road
speed. He fixed the problem with a front air dam! He used one from a volvo
240 and it looks pretty good on the car. He figures that air dam creates a
reduce pressure zone under the front of the vehicle which causes increased
air flow through the radiator. Our Travelettes are basically the same shape
(but not as pretty) so it might be something to check out.

Tom Reed