Re: [ihc] Scout for sale

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Hofstetter" <hofs@domain.elided>
To: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>
Cc: "ihc-digest Digest" <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 19:52
Subject: Re: [ihc] Scout for sale

> On Jul 22, 2004, at 2:46 PM, Ryan Moore wrote:
>
> > Is that  a turbocharger I see?
> >
> > -Ryan
>
> Good eye, Ryan. As you may already know, IH's first step in trying to
> deal with the underpowered 152 was to add a turbo. That solution never
> got any rave reviews. I had a friend that had the 152 turbo and my 196
> was a much superior power plant. At the time, however, what I wanted
> was a turbo on my 196.
>
> John

I know that a lot of people seem to be interested in finding turbo 152s to
see about making turbocharged SV's.  Seems like that one is a little too
nice to rob one from though ;)

BTW, what was that about dual turbos in your post, Mr. Mandera?   Do you
mean turbo mufflers or is there a modification you neglected to tell anyone?
I'd like to point out the wording you chose!  ;)

-Ryan

---