RE: RE: [ihc] '64 pickuping

## >> > > Of course, it is important to add that this truck has the
## >> '65 grille-I
## >> > > believe.  The '64 still had the "grates," did it not?
## >> > >
## >> > > Michael
## >> > >
## >> >
## >> > My '64 T'All did. That looks like a 65/66 grille to me
## >> also. ~John A.
## >> >
## >>
## >> Yes, I can't remember which was which, but the only
## >> difference between '65 and '66 was that one had the word
## >> International on the grille alone, and one had it in a box, I
## >> believe.

having once owned both a '65 D1200 and a '66 1500A at the same time (as well
as my '60 B122), i think i can address this issue.  anybody that has access
to a copy of the Crismon book can look at the pictures and see for
themselves.

the '65 grille is all vertical bars across the front of the radiator
opening.  it has the International nameplate in the centre of the grille,
mounted across the vertical bars.  the bars are not connected to each other
at any point other than top and bottom, leaving open spaces between each bar
except where the nameplate is mounted.

the '66 grille has those same vertical bars, with one change.  there is a
single horizontal bar running all the way across the centre of the grille.
the International name is set into a widened section of the horizontal bar
at the centre of the grille in the same place as the nameplate was mounted
on the '65.

'61 and '62 used a concave wide-pattern egg-crate type grille, a
wider-spaced variation on the egg-crate grille first found in the B series
of '59-'60.  of course, '61 and '62 continued the dual headlight pattern
established with the B series in 1959.  '63 went to single headlights and
had a similar wide-pattern egg-crate type grille as '61 and '62, only now it
was convex, and this pattern continued into '64.  '65 and '66 used the
vertical bars as i mentioned previously.  the grille was changed in '67 to a
mesh centre portion with four narrow horizontal slots at top and bottom of
the mesh, and it stayed that way through '68.  the International name was
found in the exact centre of the grille beginning in 1963, the '61 and '62
models still had the big wide gold and chrome front ornament and IH symbol
(moved to the leading edge of the hood), which was discontinued in 1963 and
changed to the well-known red and black IH symbol.

as usual, standard grain of salt disclaimer applies.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.