Re: RE: [ihc] '64 pickuping

> > Of course, it is important to add that this truck has the '65 grille-I
> > believe.  The '64 still had the "grates," did it not?
> >
> > Michael
> >

> My '64 T'All did. That looks like a 65/66 grille to me also. ~John A.

Yes, I can't remember which was which, but the only difference between '65 and '66 was that one had the word International on the grille alone, and one had it in a box, I believe.  However, for the gentleman that started this thread, we should mention that the older ones are often dated on the title by the year they were first sold, and we are discussing "model year" from the company.  I have seen some '63's titled as late as '68, etc.  However, this would be a case of opposite direction dating-this one is dated as an older model than the title year-the one in the pic.  Therefore, it may actually BE a '64, that someone had to swap a '65 grille onto.  One can change the grille out quite easily, and except for '67 and '68 it all goes together well.  Something about the headlight rings in '68 makes for a slightly different cut-out system in the valence or something.

Michael