Re: [ihc] RE: 5 speeds and 6's

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Grammer" <jgrammer@domain.elided>
To: "ken.dunnington" <ken.dunnington@domain.elided>
Cc: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 09:30
Subject: RE: [ihc] RE: 5 speeds and 6's

the

Wouldn't that 12" clutch plate imply that it's the same one that you already
have?  which you don't like how it bolts up?

> earliest BW autos(from an R series), and it's converter housing has the
same
> 4 bolt pattern as the later units. The bad news would be if you needed
> *both* the adapter plate and the 5 speed-specific flywheel housing.

That would be bad news, although it seems likely that if he found the
adapter plate, it'd still be bolted between the engine and a 5spd...

> Looking at a 'unit' flywheel housing for the 6 and 4 speed, it occurs to
me
> that a spacer type adapter might not be that tough to build. 1/2" steel
> plate should do the job, mounted on the back of the housing with pickup
> holes for the 5 speed case. You'd need to space the flywheel back a like
> amount, I wonder if there's enough clearance inside the housing????
>
> Jim

What did IH do to account for *their* adapter?

-Ryan

---