Re: [ihc] Mean Green

On Jul 19, 2004, at 6:21 PM, Joel M Brodsky wrote:

Hofs, are all Mean Green Alternators 135A?
No, they now make a 200 amp which they say will put out 220 amps.
Holy mackerel, that is a lot of amps.

As to my Mean Green, Joel, I'm not even sure that it is rated at 135 amps. That number stuck in my mind, but their web site doesn't specify how many amps it is.

Is it a drop in?
It is except you probably need to run a larger gauge wire to the battery.

Do you blow it up on startup if your battery is low?
hmmm...
No, now that it has the correct diodes in it, it is pretty much bullet proof, to the best of my knowledge.

JoelB

John Hofstetter
Ol' Saline
www.goldrush.com/~hofs