Re: [ihc] Ford outers, D44?

Ryan,
      Do you KNOW this for a fact?  A friend here in Tucson swapped his '73
Dana 30 outers for Dana 44 outers to add disk brakes and had all kinds of
problems from the way I heard it.  Are the Dana 30 outers/spindles only
drilled 6 bolts?  I can find those everywhere!  So, then is it ford outers
with Dana 30 (pre '74 drum, open knuckle) Scout spindles and all the rest
the same as what's on the truck?

      no speculation, just the facts please.

JoelB

If you use the ford knuckle you can easily use the ford outer stuff.

To use the IH outer stuff, if it's 6 bolt you'd need to grab a scout II
dana
30 and get the spindles from it?

-Ryan