[ihc] Master Cylinder question

Hello digesters,

I've got a TSM rear disc brake conversion, and I've had a few problems with the rear brakes locking up. "Locking up" might not even be the right term, it's just that they're applied even when I'm not pushing on the pedal, but the truck still moves. We are unsure if it's the parking brake mechanism, a (very unlikely) series of bad calipers, or the master cylinder. Currently, it's a stock Scout II unit, with, I think, a proportioning valve.

The return spring on the calipers' parking brake lever was shortened, so it doesn't return to the stop at the rear of the caliper. If that's the problem, it's the quickest, easiest, cheapest thing to fix. Hopefully that works. But things never seem to work out quite that easily for me, so, just in case....

If it is the Master Cylinder, I was thinking of swapping it out for a dual disc M/C. There is supposed to be a Corvette M/C that is a direct bolt-in replacement, so I'm asking this august group if they know what it is, and if it's a good move.

I've been through enough calipers to not want to replace them (again) and think that something else must be wrong.

Dave