Re: [ihc] RMIHR 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <steve_cavender@domain.elided>
To: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 7:42 AM
Subject: [ihc] RMIHR 2004

Steve-

As usual, looking forward to seeing you and the rest.

We can't take credit for the food and such this year, though. Helena and I
are barely involved, and the pig roast details are mostly handled by local
folks. All we're doing is helping out with the labor and arranging for
volunteers to bring potatoes. So far, we have commitments from the Manderas,
the Cunninghams, and Dave Nuenke. As usual, Maggie Coonrod has picked up a
lot of the "fall through the cracks" type stuff. God Bless Maggie. Phil
actually RAISED the pig for this year's roast, and it's HUGE, about 300 lbs.
The butcher will have to quarter it so that it will fit in the roaster.  Pat
Hendrix is providing the roaster, as usual, but he's working with the RMIHR
committee directly.  To give you an idea, I just found out all this last
week. Kudos to the RMIHR folks for finding a way to make a good thing
continue.

We're leaving Wed morning, hoping to arrive some time Thursday, giving
ourselves an extra day for oddball problems and easy (slow) driving. Our
route, unless something weird happens, is the Navajo reservation, 4 corners,
Durango, Del Norte, and north to Salida. Anybody who wants to convoy with us
is welcome. Pat's catering a party on Friday night, so we will set up camp
and then head over to where he's got the roaster set up.

-Allan