[ihc] Mechanical Fuel Pump Installation in IH 304 engine

I've replaced the mechanical fuel pump in my 1970 800A, but don't believe
I've done so correctly.  The engine is not getting any gas, nor is the fuel
bowl filling up with any gas.  All the lines are connected and there is gas
in the tank.

I suspect that the rocker arm of the fuel pump didn't "match" with the
piston that drives the pump.

However, I didn't see how there were many options on how to install the pump
other than "stick it in the hole".  The mechanical pump's arm does move ( at
least prior to installation ).

The instructions say to make sure that the arm goes under the piston in the
engine, but I couldn't feel or see anything that would make me believe that
it didn't go under the piston.  I'm probably using some incorrect terms, as
I'm not an expert by any means.

I poured a bit of gas in the carbeurator so that I could turn over the
engine a few times, hoping to get the pump moving a few times and eventually
get gas to the engine.  However, after a few attempts, there's still no fuel
in the bowl.

Any suggestions?

Happy Fourth to all and thanks in advance for your assistance!

Bryan Gillespie

1970 800A