[ihc] Gone Postal

For a tip to the tow truck driver and a $72.00 check to the State of
California I am the new owner of a 1971 800 B Postal Scout.  We'll just the
rust free and fairly straight shell and cab top.  It does not have an engine
or transmission.  I remember a great deal of discussion a few months ago
regarding these and I hoping some one can help with answers to the following
questions.

Did these ever come without side marker lights?  This one does not have any
except on one front fender that has been replaced.

It's a 2x4 and I plan on converting it to 4x4 using Scout II axles and
lifting it.  I have been doing some research and found 3 inch lift kits for
it and conversion kits to use Scout II springs.  Has anyone ever used the
conversion kit to use Scout II springs on an 800 frame?

Does anyone know what vehicles would have good donor radiators for the 800?
I plan on going with a mildly built V8 ??? and will need to find a radiator
that can keep it cool.

What did the stock mirrors look like on the 800 B when the doors were
removed?  Were there mirrors when the doors were removed?  I need to add
them and want to utilize a stock mounting style if possible.

I would also appreciate receiving any pictures that anyone may have of a
stock 800 in progress of a tear down of the front end sheet metal (Fender
removed, inner fender parts removed, other sheet metal removed, etc...)
This Scout has had some work done on the front right side and I'm going to
take it apart and make sure everything was put back together correctly.
Pictures are always a big help.

I am also considering converting it to left hand drive when I do the
mechanical work.  I have no real desire or need for a right hand drive
vehicle.  If right hand drive is valuable to anyone and you want to swap for
a left hand drive Scout 800 in similar condition let me know.  I just will
not swap for a rusty vehicle.  This one is rust free except for some surface
rust on the bottom of the right rear fender.

It also came with two sets of tires.  I'm keeping the 235s on the 15 inch
alloy rims for now but it also came with some good 185/70R14s and
27x12.5R15s good year drag slicks on steel wheels with a 5 on 4.5" bolt
pattern if anyone wants them.  The previous owner was working on building it
into a hot rod.

Pete