[ihc] Suspension design or lack thereof?

Binders,
      I can't help but bring it up again because I keep seeing these
impressively tall Ford trucks with Powerstrokes in them.
When they (collectively) lift the suspension and put HUGE leaves in the
front, they retain the track rod that goes from the drivers' side frame
mount to the passenger side of the axle.
The owners all (when asked) say that they don't have bump steer, and I can
only guess that they have terrible suspension travel too!
Now with leaf springs it is clear that the suspension is attempting to
transit to the passenger side when compressed, HOWEVER:
when driving on the road, and suspension travel is minimal, is it safe to
assume that not much travel is needed and thus maybe
a track rod that was removable might cure bumpsteer on the road?

It could be like Quick-Disconnects for the anti-sway bar on the front of
Jeeps, but this would be a quick disconnect track rod to limit suspension
travel
on the street?

Any comments?

-JoelB