[ihc] Re: CVR for dash guages

<snip>

< Has anyone replaced their mechanical CVR with an electronic one as
described
< the Binder Bulletin FAQ on this topic?

<
http://www.binderbulletin.org/forums/faq.php?faq=ihcfaq_5.0#faq_ihcfaq_cvr

< I ordered a LM323K 5V CVR as suggested in the article, but when I hook it
up
< I get a reading of around 9V.  Am I an idiot here or could this unit be
< defective?

I have, I have!!!!

I did this about 7 years ago on my Scout, and the gauges have worked
perfectly ever since. I remember when
I was hooking mine up, I was getting a solid 5 volts out of the CVR. (I did
not get mine from Digikey, however, I went
to a local electronics supply house here in town).

I'm with Allan, if it's reading too high, then it's probably defective....

Good Luck,

John Townley
65 Scout 80
San Diego, CA