[ihc] Cancer on my Terra

OK, I live in California, I've quit running through alkali puddles in the desert, I put Rustoleum on any bare metal that shows up, and I shouldn't be getting any real rust problems.

The other day I looked at my rear fender on my Terra and along the top of the fender well, were those really ugly bubbles that are so indicative of another rust problem on Scouts in Missouri or Washington State.

Aaaagh! Oh my God, So, I went an pouted for a day or two.

Then, I went out there and took my knife (those who know me would assume that my knife is very sharp) and tried to cut away one of those bubbles. Hmm, lots of resistance to being cut, that paint is really tough. But what is that gray stuff that I'm uncovering as I cut off the top of the bubble? It has to be Bondo.

Anyway, before I got it, I guess that fender had a repair, and now the bondo is bubbling up. No rust behind it pushing it up, no reason that I know of for it to bubble, but it is.

What a relief.

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs