RE: [ihc] White in or out

## >> Am I dense or does anyone know that the blue stuff on the
## >> tires is just to
## >> protect the white during shipping and handling.  Just go at
## >> it with a good
## >> scrub brush and some scouring cleanser like Comet and it will
## >> come right off
## >> and leave nice brand new white.
## >>
## >> Tire dealers used to do this when they mounted tires, maybe
## >> they're getting
## >> lazy like everyone else.

maybe the tire scrubbing costs extra in some shops.  when i had the new
tires mounted on the TravelAll two summers ago, they were already white in
the dealer's shop.  i'd ordered them a couple weeks before, and when they
called me to tell me they were in, there wasn't any blue on them when i got
there.  considering the difficulty i had finding the tires i wanted in the
size i needed, and the cost involved in re-shoeing that truck, it seems only
right that they'd clean the tires before i left with 'em.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.